Thursday, July 8, 2010
Random thoughts about my kids
Here are some things my kids have been saying lately that make me smile.
On July 3rd, we were getting ready for Kyson's baptism and I couldn't find my makeup case. Now, this isn't normally a big deal because I don't usually wear makeup, but when I go out I like to wear a little. Anyway, I was getting agitated and Ethan grabbed my face, patted my head and said, "Mommy, don't worry, you don't need makeup. Your face looks so beautiful without makeup. You are soooo pretty!!" Ahhh, sorry son, I still want my makeup!
Emily is funny because she always says things are awesome. She also says "Oh my GOSH" all the time. Kaylee was telling her something this morning (I didn't hear that part) and Emily said, "Oh my GOSH, Kaylee that's so funny!" What a hoot! Also, we were at the doctor for her on July 7th (ear infection) and they wanted to put the pulse-ox thing on her finger (you know, the thing with the light and it looks like a chip bag clip). Well, Emily was very nervous but the nurse and I finally convinced her it wouldn't hurt. She timidly put the clip on her finger with eyes closed. "Oh, that doesn't hurt at all. hee hee!" Then, when we were waiting in the room, she looked at the sharps container and said, "Look at all those owies. I don't want one of those. They hurt." Smart kid. She is also funny because when people say she has pretty hair she brushes it back with her hand and says, "mmm, yeah, I have pretty hair."
Kaylee and Justin are just getting smarter and smarter and I really can't keep up with it all. I love that Kaylee talks to me and can discuss things now. If she throws a fit she will come back later and explain why she was acting that way and then apologize. Man, I hope that habit continues!
Justin is wonderful and super sensitive. He is ultra protective of the family and will do anything to protect us.
Carter is wonderful because he is learning new things all the time. He vocalizes a lot and you can almost tell what he is thinking now.
My kids rock. I love them and really do enjoy having them in my life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
True, your kids do rock! Mine can't wait to see them all again. Looks like we'll have to get together again soon. Your kiddos are sweet and their mom rocks too.
You are a fantastic Mom for making notes of all these adorable things that they say!!
You do have such cute kids!! They learn from the best! :)
Post a Comment