Friday, September 25, 2009

In love



It has happened. I have fallen in love with another man. He came into my life on September 18th and I know it is going to be a forever lasting relationship. Don't worry, Randy is just fine with this situation. To be honest, I think he has fallen in love too!

This little guy is named Carter Jackson Garn. He weighed 8lbs even and was 19". He was born at 3:50pm after almost 7 hours of labor. His heart rate kept the nurses on their toes because it kept dropping after every contraction. After many, many prayers, we were able to avoid a c-section and he was born without complication.

He has me wrapped completely around his little finger. I soak him in every second of the day. I don't want to miss anything about him. I have to admit that I have been sad thinking that he is the caboose. I love my family and I am grateful for all my experiences with them, but this is my favorite time of motherhood. Yes...the pregnancy and bleary-eyed newbORn STAGE IS MY FAVORITE. I never feel more confident in my abilities as a woman and mother than when I am caring for a new life in me and out.

So, please understand if my eyes look a little red the next time you see me. I've been spending all my time staring at my "sun".







5 comments:

The Atkinson Family Blog said...

Congrats! We are so glad everything went well!! Now I just need to hold this little man!

Sara said...

Congrats on your new little one! I can't wait to see him. I will be calling you soon to find a good day to bring you guys dinner.

Nancy said...

Great Post Rae, ya got me all teary eyed!! I am with you, it's bittersweet, this whole caboose thing, but at this point I am more sweet about than bitter! He is adorable!! Love his name too!! Congrats you guys!!

Andrea said...

congrats! I am so happy for you! Carter is so cute & that is a really cute name.

Ashlee Garn said...

LOVE the new blog! And I already know this little man is a adorable! I can't wait to get you your pics so you can share them with everyone :)