Friday, March 26, 2010

I don't scrapbook

I don't scrapbook. I have never scrapbooked. Don't get me wrong, I think they are fantastic. I love looking at the works of art that people put together for their posterity. I don't like the pressure of it. I take plenty of pictures of my family so I'll remember things and the way we all looked. They aren't in cute books with awesome cut-outs and whatever else goes with those cute little books. I figure I have enough kids now that they can all make scrapbooks for young women and scout/young men projects. Besides, they are much more creative than I am and it comes to them with much less pressure!

So, why am I saying all this? I started this blog as a way to avoid scrapbooking while being able to jot down things that have happened in our little life. The problem is I don't find time to jot down things very often. My last post was way back in November and I don't even feel bad! I have enjoyed reading everyone elses blogs so much that I don't have time to work on my own. I started feeling the "pressure" of keeping up a blog and I avoided it even more. Then, I was on other peoples blogs and realized that I am not on there lists anymore and realized that maybe I should blog a little more so I don't get blacklisted by all my friends. Then this blog would really just be for cyber posterity because no one would follow anymore!

So, here I am. I am going to post a couple things (maybe) and then who knows when I'll be back! But just know it is your fault that I don't have time to post often. If all of your lives weren't so exciting, I could spend all my computer time typing about my life.


2 comments:

Ashlee Garn said...

HA HA, it's true! I was beginning to wonder if you were still alive :) I am glad that you are!

Andrea said...

I check your blog all the time to see if you guys are alive and well. Thanks for posting again so we could see.